Assistant Data Administrator
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don't have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Assistant Data Administrator supports the data operations of Working America.
Reports to: Data Director
• Manage all aspects of quality control with Working America's membership management database system, contact management systems and field reporting systems, including the development and implementation of monitoring reports and tracking systems;
• Work with the Data Director, Information Technology staff, and field team to develop methods of reducing data entry errors at each potential point of error introduction;
• Create and run reports, counts, and lists for all aspects of membership and program data under supervision of the Data Director;
• Provide technical support to national staff with data operations required to support canvassing, member mobilization, organizing activities and all field activities requiring the collection and management of data;
• Work with the Data Director to implement training and support for field offices on all data collection systems and create both technical and end-user documentation for data processes. Solicit feedback on trainings and implement improvements, provide follow-up training support. Support Data Director with additional training about technical systems when necessary;
• Analyze member information and e-mail advocacy campaigns and produce reports;
• Assist with project management and implementation of improvements to new and existing technology tools;
• Assist with the development of Access databases required for analysis and list management;
• Schedule and implement regular data hygiene processes, including interfacing with vendors and in-house data staff when necessary; monitor and analyze results of hygiene processes to assist further development of data quality control systems;
• Assist national staff as needed;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Minimum two years experience working in the labor movement, for advocacy groups, or political campaigns;
• Union or community organizing experience a plus;
• Experience providing technical assistance or working on technical projects in a labor union, community organization, or political campaign highly desired;
• Experience as an advanced user with Voter Activation Network and/or Catalist QTool systems highly desired;
• Experience maintaining and searching databases required;, MS Access and/or Quickbase experience are a plus;
• Experience developing databases and/or programming a plus;
• Ability to rapidly learn new computer skills is essential;
• Must work well with a team and work with diverse groups of people;
• Able to handle multiple responsibilities and work independently within the context of a plan;
• Must be flexible, enthusiastic and outgoing.
• Washington, DC
• FLSA classification: Non-exempt