- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Office Manager
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don't have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Office Manager ensures that the field canvass administration runs effectively and efficiently.
This is a fixed term position and will end no later than 11/16/2018.
Reports to: Field Director
- Provide information on incoming job inquiries and schedule prospective applicants;
- Maintain a 60% interview set and interview show rate;
- Track job call information including sources of calls, interviews set, and interview show rate for each advertisement;
- Research career fair opportunities, set dates, staff events;
- Assist with on-site recruitment events including hanging up flyers, staffing tabling events, presentations to community groups;
- Assist in the development of recruitment materials and with various recruitment projects
- Assist in writing and placing job advertisements;
- Work closely with the Recruitment Specialist to find new venues to place advertisements.
Office and Canvass Administration
- Greet incoming interviewees and guests;
- Answer phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner;
- Assist canvass and program staff with office equipment, including fax machine, accessing the network, using the copier;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and inter-office communications;
- Maintain daily record of individual canvass performance;
- Replenish all canvass materials including depleted observer clipboards, applications, hiring packs;
- Production and distribution of weekly and monthly canvass reports and summaries;
- Process information requests from the public making sure that they are directed to the appropriate people;
- Maintain office systems including copier, fax, printer, and computers;
- Help maintain a neat and professional office appearance;
- Keep accurate inventory of all program and canvass materials placing printing orders for receipts, campaign information, signature sheets, and all other canvass and program materials as needed;
- Maintain a current list of supplies and reorder supplies as needed;
- Scan and transmit signature sheets and other documents.
Financial and Human Resources
- Process canvass payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness;
- Track and report canvass deposit information;
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash;
- Process charges collected in the field, closely following all security measures;
- Maintain a log of all charges collected in the field;
- Process change of information and termination forms in a timely fashion;
- Update staff benefit information and eligibility dates. Track insurance eligibility and ensure enrollment forms are submitted in a timely manner;
- Maintain current personnel information and files;
- Assist in expense tracking; ensure that all original receipts are securely filed away;
- Verify and deposit postdates received in the field;
- Check accuracy of crew sheets and signature sheets on a daily basis;
- Maintain any additional records and systems as needed.
- Maintain a system for sorting and tracking letters generated by the canvass
- Regularly check letters for accuracy
- Work with regional director to ensure timely mailing of letters and other calls to actions
- Assist with making campaign and program information available and accessible to the canvass
- Maintain current news articles and update bulletin boards
- Update and assemble issue files
- Work with regional director to mobilize members for various events and activities
- Assist with efforts to ensure quality canvass contacts including verification calls and reviewing signature sheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong in-person and telephone communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including e-mail, internet, Word and Excel. Database experience a plus;
- Appreciation and understanding of labor issues, and understanding canvassing as a grassroots organizing strategy;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Financial, human resource, administration and payroll experience a plus;
- Work well as part of a team in a multi-tasking, detail and deadline oriented environment;
- Consistent and reliable attendance;
- Neat and professional personal appearance;
- Minimum time commitment to stay at Working America, as agreed upon with Field Director.
- Pittsburgh, PA
- FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Salary is competitive and includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer.