- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution
The Digital Assistant is an entry-level position responsible for assisting Working America's communications department with day-to-day operational tasks required to run a digital program. This position will assist with supporting campaigns across digital platforms, including social media, email and mobile platforms. Additionally the Digital Assistant will code emails, set up queries, run reports, engage with member communications and help with other aspects of digital communications.
Reports to: Associate Communications Director
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assist with the day-to-day tasks that are involved with running a fast paced and expansive email program.
- Set up emails, queries, digital tests, landing pages and track performance.
- Post and help create web content and work with other staff to ensure website and webpages remain up to date.
- Help create and post content to social media pages.
- Work with other staff to maintain and track content segments.
- Research content for digital campaigns.
- Help maintain and launch digital advertising campaigns.
- Assist with setup and execution of text messaging campaigns.
- Assist with the preparation of reporting documents for internal and external purposes.
- Maintain communications calendars.
- Track inbound member correspondence by email and phone and draft responses to member inquiries.
- Provide cross-functional support for all communications needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Familiarity with digital communications channels
- Experience with CRMs and CMSes
- Skilled at Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and support of the labor movement, movements for progressive social change and political or issue campaigns
- Attention to technical and editorial detail
- Able to meet deadlines and providing fast turnaround of quality communications in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work within organizational goals, procedures and protocols
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs
- Ability to stay focused on a particular task, independent of others
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours where necessary
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Washington, D.C.
- FLSA classification: non-exempt
Starting salary is $42,970. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume and cover letter to 202-508-6992.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page