- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution
The Data Assistant supports the collection and management of data for Working America's field and digital operations. This entry-level position includes basic VAN administration, creating and running database queries, providing tech support, managing IT inventory, and similar tasks.
Reports to: Data Director
- Perform regular data hygiene processes, interfacing with vendors, field and programmatic teams, and other staff when necessary; monitor and analyze results of hygiene processes to assist further development of data quality control systems;
- Assist with the analysis of member information and field and digital advocacy campaigns, and produce reports;
- Work with the Data Director to help train and support field offices on all data collection systems; create both technical and end-user documentation for data processes;
- Solicit feedback on trainings and suggest improvements; assist with providing follow-up training support;
- Assist with implementation of improvements to new and existing technology tools;
- Handle all requests for and maintain an accurate inventory of mobile devices, computers, and other canvassing equipment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong familiarity with the labor movement, movements for progressive social change and political or issue campaigns; experience with community organizing or political campaigns a plus;
- Experience searching and maintaining databases is required; SQL, MS Access, and/or Quick Base experience are a plus; advanced use of Voter Activation Network highly desired;
- Experience developing databases and/or programming a plus;
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer skills is essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience providing technical assistance or working on technical projects in a labor union, community organization, or political campaign highly desired;
- Must work well with a team and work with diverse groups of people;
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities and work independently within the context of a plan;
- Must be flexible, enthusiastic and outgoing.
- Washington, DC
- FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Starting salary is $42,970. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume and cover letter to 202-508-6992.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page