State Program Director (Fixed-Term)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
The State Program Director, At-Large is an at-large statewide position that leads the Working America field canvass program, as well as builds Working America's political and organizational profile within the local progressive community. The State Program Director works with the Deputy Campaigns Director and other canvass leaders to ensure the integration of Working America's program within the local labor and progressive community, secures in-state funding for the organization, plans and implements programmatic and electoral campaigns, ensures the quality of Working America's member mobilization in the field, and builds the Working America brand through media. This position is fixed-term with an expected end date of March, 31, 2020
Reports to: Deputy Campaigns Director
- Work with Deputy Campaigns Director and canvass leadership to ensure that membership recruitment and other canvass and organizational goals are met;
- Represent the interests of Working America, within the State Federation and local labor councils, AFL-CIO affiliates and allied organizations in the progressive community; and work with AFL-CIO affiliated labor organizations & allied partners on a variety of campaigns;
- In coordination with the Deputy Campaigns Director & national staff, determine turf selection and issue mobilization; work with Deputy Campaigns Director and national staff to develop & implement state campaigns that encompass issues, organizing, elections, mobilization & more;
- Work with Deputy Campaigns Director and national staff to set goals and raise funds within the state via donor community, unions, small and large individual donors, foundations etc.;
- Participate in member mobilization and activist duties as needed, based on local priorities; manage state database of program activity and member activism;
- Work with national staff & Deputy Campaigns Director to build state relationships with media (print, radio, TV, bloggers, etc.), be the lead spokesperson in the state, draft press statements and releases & grow the Working America brand;
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience as a field canvass director preferred;
- Three or more years' experience in electoral, labor or progressive politics;
- Knowledge of national and local structures of the labor movement;
- Ability to effectively execute and direct voter contact & GOTV operations;
- Leadership, team-building and strategic planning ability;
- Ability to engage, mobilize and develop activists;
- Ability to work independently in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments;
- Excellent problem-solving and relational skills;
- Computer proficiency and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- Must be able to work irregular and long hours.
- At-Large; Washington, DC
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
Starting salary is $53,326. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume and cover letter to 202-508-6992.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page