- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
The Political Director is a national headquarters position that leads the development, implementation, and oversight of Working America's electoral and issue campaigns. The Political Director works closely with the Executive Director and other programmatic departments to direct Working America's field and digital assets to meet organizational and campaign goals and objectives. The Political Director is also responsible for helping conceive and execute clinical experiments, build and expand the organization's profile in the political space, manage relationships, and support outreach as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Oversee all aspects of campaign planning and implementation including campaign conception, research, assessment and analysis, plan development, and management;
- Effectively recommend on hiring, promoting, discharging, disciplining, evaluating and participating in grievance handling for all Political staff;
- Work with Field leadership team to develop canvass raps and questions for campaign execution;
- Support and manage the development and production of campaign materials;
- Work with political and programmatic teams to develop and implement in-cycle clinical experiments and conduct ongoing analysis with the goal of improving campaign design and execution;
- Alongside the Deputy Director, serve as lead coordinator among various departments including Political, Campaigns, Field, Data, Communications, Legal, and Administration on implementation and execution of new campaigns;
- Help manage relationships with stakeholders;
- Conduct and support political and programmatic teams on outreach;
- Manage vendor relationships as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of experience managing electoral campaigns or political programs;
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation of field canvass to support electoral and issue campaigns including voter contact and GOTV operations;
- Advanced user knowledge of NGP VAN, Catalist, and other data platforms and tools;
- Familiarity with the structure and workings of the labor movement and progressive infrastructure;
- Ability to work independently in politically-sensitive and high-pressure environments;
- Ability to manage and direct staff and work across departments;
- Excellent problem-solving and relational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- Must be able to work irregular and long hours.
- Washington, DC
- FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Starting salary is $105,000. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax a resume and cover letter to 202-508-6992.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page