- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
Job Title: Member Coordinator
Working America, the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, is the fastest growing organization for working people in the country. With more than 3 million members recruited since 2003, Working America recruits and mobilizes people who do not have a union on the job in support of working families' issues.
The Member Coordinator will work primarily to identify and develop member activists, mobilize members on key issues and assist the State Director in planning and executing earned media events, conducting outreach to organizational allies and identifying potential state and local campaigns.
Reports to: Chicago Program Director
- Re-contact members and develop activists;
- Mobilize members to take action on program initiatives;
- Develop community action teams;
- Write regular reports to allies about state and local program work;
- Represent Working America at community and allied events;
- Assist in coordinating earned media events;
- Brief field staff regularly on developments on key issues;
- Regular site canvassing the frequency of which may vary depending on program needs;
- Occasional door canvassing the frequency of which may vary depending on program needs; door canvassing may be required more often in offices without a canvass operation where the focus is on member mobilization;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing and verbal skills;
- Ability to represent Working America to a variety of allies and audiences;
- Strong ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines, and maintain good records;
- Ability to work well with a team;
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Some travel required.
- Chicago, IL
Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
WHEN YOU APPLY: Working America asks that all applicants provide a resume and cover letter. Please either upload the files or copy and paste the text for both after you click the "Apply Now" button below.