- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Field Directors receive health insurance benefits + 401k with employer contribution
Direct a city-wide team and grow the Labor movement.
Working America Field Directors are mentors and leaders, communication specialists and strategic planners. On any given day our Field Directors will participate in a wide range of activities, anywhere from a Labor round-table discussion with regional allies to identifying the strengths of the newest organizer on the team with leadership staff in the office. Because we employ a wide range of innovative outreach tactics, our Field Directors must be able to think creatively and implement successful solutions while troubleshooting new projects and systems.
The primary responsibility of this position is to recruit, develop and supervise a team of Canvassers, Trainers, and Field Managers committed to meeting Working America's ambitious political and organizational goals. Field Directors play a major role in building the strength of Working America's field program across the country, meeting membership recruitment and fundraising goals, effectively calling members to action on organizational campaigns, engaging and mobilizing voters, providing accurate information to the public about Working America's priorities and gathering community feedback; thus building a community base of power to hold corporations and public officials accountable for the well-being of working families.
What We Do
Working America organizes crucial issue and electoral campaigns at the national, state and municipal level on behalf or working families. Our highly successful outreach models have fought off statewide attacks on collective bargaining in Ohio, raised the minimum wage in New Mexico and won a much needed earned sick day law for workers in Portland, OR (to name a few). The impact of our work reaches all the way to the ballot box where in 2012 alone we took part in 97 elections, helping to win 70% of those races for candidates who will fight for working families. Working America's political power is generated by building grassroots strength and community action, one empowered worker at a time. Positions are available nationwide.
Regional Field Supervisor
- Experience as a Canvass Director or Field Director
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train, and retain canvassers
- Experience identifying and developing new Trainers and Field Managers
- Ability to work well with a variety of people; strong commitment to diversity
- Must respect and enjoy canvassing
- Electoral experience preferred
- Ability to travel to other Working America offices for professional development and campaign support
- Strong public speaking skills
- Effectively project the organization's mission through the field program
- Understand Working America's legislative and electoral goals; create and implement plans to meet those goals
- Train and supervise all staff to ensure quality canvass contacts
- Develop and execute a training plan for canvass staff designed to develop their skills, knowledge and organizational awareness needed to meet performance standards in consultation with Field Supervisor, identify, train, and promote Trainers, Field Managers, and Assistant Field Directors as necessary
- Field Directors will start at $45,000 per year
- Field Directors accrue 15 paid vacation days per year
- Field Directors receive health insurance benefits