- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
Job Title: National Outreach Director
The National Outreach Director works with the Working America DC Program Directors and National Field Staff team to expand Working America's program at the state and local level with AFL-CIO Affiliates, State Federations, Central Labor Councils and allies through electoral, legislative, and organizing campaigns.
Reports to: Assistant Director
- Work with State Federations, Central Labor Councils, AFL-CIO affiliates and allies to develop and at times implement, electoral, legislative, and organizing campaigns within Working America's program;
- Project manage new program opportunities and add capacity to critical campaigns at the state and local level;
- Collaborate with Assistant Director on special projects;
- With input from DC Directors & Regional Directors, lead expansion of Working America's program on the state and local level;
- Oversee hiring, training, and evaluating, and make effective recommendation for promotion and discipline of program staff in multiple states;
- Assist headquarter staff with national projects as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years' experience in electoral, labor or progressive politics required;
- Three to five years supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of national and local structures of the labor movement;Experience managing in a union environment, familiarity with the collective bargaining process, and a commitment to the principles of progressive discipline preferred;
- Effective time management skills including prioritization and managing multiple tasks;
- Leadership, team-building and strategic planning ability;
- Ability to work independently in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments;
- Excellent problem-solving and relational skills;
- Computer proficiency and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- Must be able to work irregular and long hours.
- Washington, DC